Gymnastics Coach – We Train!
Do you like working with kids? We are looking for new coaches to join our team!
We are looking for adults that would like to become a Gymnastics Coach. On-site training will be provided and successful applicants will need to complete the NCCP Foundations course. Don’t worry we will help you through the process to become a certified gymnastics coach.
At Pegasus Gymnastics we teach quality gymnastics in a family-friendly environment. We are a family-owned and operated with two locations in Calgary. Our gymnastics programs are instructional with a variety of classes for all levels. With access to our strong, internal coach education program, the Pegasus Experience is the way to go!
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
Reporting directly to the Program Director, coaches will be responsible for their own classes. The position will be mainly evenings and weekends. The ideal candidates will have a friendly and positive personality while being responsible and willing to work in a team environment.
- Compassionate, caring individual who enjoys working with children
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Minimum Level 1 Foundations or willing to obtain within the first three months of employment
- Making Ethical Decisions and Respect in Sport Certificates or willing to obtain
- Possess a valid First Aid certificate or willing to obtain
- Police check and child welfare check
- All other AGF and GYMCAN required courses
Coaches will be working in a team environment teaching quality at all levels. At Pegasus we pride ourselves in providing a safe and challenging facility for all our members. Our coaches are a vital part of providing that experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Continuous athlete assessments and evaluations using our software system (training provided)
- Kinder Coaches will be provided with programming and will need to follow lesson plans and participate in themes provided by Program Director
- Recreational Coaches must be open to coaching a variety of classes Artistic, Trampoline & Tumbling, Specialty classes
- Recreational coaches need to create and submit weekly lesson plans that include safe and fun progressional stations
- Arriving at your scheduled time
- Being prepared for your class
- Regular daily facility cleaning and up-keep
- Set up and tear down/put away equipment and props
- Welcoming and checking in athletes
- Managing your group and following scheduled rotations
- Reporting to supervisor on duty any: safety issues, incidents, injury reports
- Bring creativity to your group lessons and be open to learning/sharing new ideas
Send your resume to email@example.com to apply.